7.7.11

Leaving Taiwan


I left Taiwan a little over a week ago and there is so much that I miss about it. Saying goodbye to Kaohsiung and all the amazing people I met over the last four months was really hard. The entire exchange was one of the best experiences of my life and I will cherish the memories forever. 
NSYSU Campus


Before arriving in Taiwan I had no idea what to expect, who I would meet, and what I would learn. Taiwan is such a beautiful place filled with kind-hearted people. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to meet so many people from all over the world. Everyone I met taught me something, and I hope in the future we will cross paths again. 


What I will miss most about Taiwan:
1. Cruising on my scooter
2. The view of the ocean from the dorms
3. Night markets
4. The dragon boat team
5. The most delicious fried rice found pretty much...everywhere
6. KTV
7. Milk tea 
8. Random people on the street waving and taking pictures of you
9. The kind Taiwanese people 
10. The temples
11. Saying xie xie (thank you)
12. BBQ
13. Having a beach on campus
14. My exchange family


I don't think I could begin to articulate everything I have learnt from this experience. I hope that I look at the world a little differently now. I leant so much about myself and what is important in life. I learnt about patience, communication, relationships and about cultures all over the world. Each person I met was unique in their own way and gave me something I will carry with me forever. 


The things that really stuck with me: 
-The world is so huge. Everywhere and everybody has something to offer. 
-An open mind will take you far. 
-Chopsticks are not as hard to use as I once thought. 
-Patience is the most important skill to have when dealing with stressful/new situations. 
-Communication is far beyond words. 
-Chinese is an incredibly difficult language. 




When one door closes, another one opens. Even though my time in Taiwan is over (for now), it's time to find out what other parts of SE Asia have to offer. Next stop: Thailand. 





No comments:

Post a Comment